Prospective EMBC Members must adhere to EMBC’s membership criteria.
- Must demonstrate revenue of at least 50% from EM interests.
- Must have a majority of ownership from clinicians working or dedicated to the EM clinical enterprise.
- Have a majority of ownership from clinicians working or dedicated to the EM clinical enterprise.
- Member groups must be >75% physician owned and <25% non-physician owned, which may include other clinicians, administrators, and/or private equity.
- Have available ownership (shares, units, or equivalent) to full time physician employees, though a group may impose a reasonable time period whereby the ownership interests may be revoked for departure from group.
- Governance may be run by shareholders directly, via a board of directors, or similar representative body.
- In the case of a shareholder direct governance, no single shareholder shall have greater than 50% of the outstanding shares.
- In the case of a board of directors (or representative body), the physician representation must meet or exceed 75% of vote authority.
- Compensation for physicians must represent reasonable market compensation .
- Total compensation for administrators must not inappropriately exceed the compensation of equally qualified full-time clinical employees.
- EMBC members are expected to support other member groups.
- EMBC’s primary focus will be support independent democratic member groups in maintaining their current contracts and group solvency.
- Respect and protect confidential data and information obtained from or relating to members.
- Keep member’s sensitive financials and contractual details siloed and confidential.
- Bring together any possible resources among member groups to support each member’s contractual stability.
- Comply with all applicable competition laws and to not engage in any inappropriate or anti-competitive activities between members.